Wednesday 7 August 2019

Edblog: Aug 7th

It was another quality selection of lunchtime comedy at Clash of the Tight Tens today with solid sets from all involved, including a surprise appearance by Francis Boulle (of Made In Chelsea fame) - standing in for a last minute drop out. The numbers were good too, especially for a Wednesday.

I had a few hours to spare before 99FWP so after some cheese and chips for lunch I chanced my arm on a Free Fringe show in Bar Bados. For the sake of the show it'll remain nameless as it was possibly the worst five minutes I'd ever endured before I walked out. How anyone can present a show with no introduction and no acknowledgement of the audience - then launch into a barely audible, baffling, sketch with no jokes is almost beyond my comprehension. Someone should have told them this before they brought it to an actual audience.

Duly bewildered, I was back on the street and decided to get some flyering done. The skies darkened but the rain didn't break until we had 15 people singing along with Shake It in our little room. My mic lead was popping, I misgendered someone and on several occasions a word or two slipped my mind mid-song but - surprisingly - it still went pretty well.

Straight after the show we headed over to The Place to do a spot at Laughing Horse Pick of the Fringe. The rain had done it's job and the audience was small but we still had a good time in the hotel's back garden shed. After that it was off to Wahaca for midweek tortillas with Andy Onions.

Clash of the Tight Tens
Bums on seats: 27 (Total: 121)
Cash in the swing bin: £53 (Total: £222)

99 (First World) Problems
Bums on seats: 15 (Total: 101)
Cash in the bag for life: £38 (Total: £244)

No comments:

Post a Comment