Monday 23 September 2019

Oh Beehive!

This weekend I hosted my second comedy night at The Beehive in New Mills as part of the town's festival running throughout September. The first show a few months back had been half full but tonight our grand capacity of 25ish was reached and the atmosphere was therefore warm, friendly and up for a good time.

Billed as "The Best of the Peak" there was a degree of poetic license with acts coming in from Manchester as well as areas with substantially more hills and less chicken shops. Keith Wild's headline set topped off what was an all-round quality night and I kicked off each half with a tune on my guitar and a chat with the assembled. More dates will certainly follow, more news on that as it arrives.

Otherwise, my comedy endeavours this week included uploading the second acoustic parody video in my ongoing vlog series here and crafting three one-liners for BBC 4 Extra's Newsjack show. With submissions no doubt running into the hundreds the chance of being broadcast is undoubtably slim but should my jokes not be performed to the literally hundreds of people who listen to this fantastically niche station then I'll post them here a whole week after they're relevant.

This week I take my guitar (or rap iPad, depending on Anna J's availability) to Morecambe on Friday for Intergalactic at Alt-Space and then on Sunday I'm in Manchester at The Binary Bar with Giggle Gang Comedy.

No comments:

Post a Comment