Sunday 22 November 2015

Clash of the Tight-Tens


After a very slow build online I had been worried about turnout for my Saturday night flagship but thanks to a massive online push and the not inconvenient timing of Yuriko Kotani winning BBC New Comedian of the Year the day before the venue was pleasantly busy as the lights dimmed.

The first half saw in some slick performances but the energy in the room was on economy mode throughout so as I took the stage for the final spot of the half I knew I needed to pull out all the stops. One Shot got the crowd onside with plenty of shouting along as I jumped about and generally acted half my age on jelly beans. Crisis of Conscience mercifully worked and I finally remembered all the words. For a muted crowd they actually made a huge amount of noise with the right encouragement.

After the break Yuriko put in her award winning set and from there on in we got surrealism, line graphs for paedophile identification and high camp at its finest. Some drunk men wandered in, looked confused and left even more so. A great accolade if ever there was one.

Drinks followed and it was all good. Dimitri Bakanov even got a date out of it from an admiring audience member!

No comments:

Post a Comment