Tuesday 2 August 2016

First Night

So this is the view from the front door of the Mirthquake flat and I couldn't really ask for more. True, the place is a tad rickety and if there was snow in my bedroom I'd be able to ski from one side down to the other, but it's quiet, well kept and less than half a mile from the Southsider - where we're performing from August 6th.

Prior to arrival I was on a train for five and a half hours intermittently watching "The Wolf on Wall Street" on the train's constantly crashing intranet to see how the confidence usually only found in white powder and stockbroking could apply to a month in Edinburgh. My conclusion being that the two have nothing to do with each other. Great film though and I now definitely know how to sell a pen.

After some cut price shopping in Lidl I arrived back at the flat to find Nick looking for the door. Given that there's no number on it and I only knew because the landlord had mentioned its colour, this was fair enough. Several cups of tea later we were out in the city and down to the station to meet Peter Merrett and his enormous broken suitcase before beers in a pub called Tron and a kebab on the way home. On a pre-festival Tuesday night locals were singing karaoke until 12:30am, which bodes well for the new slots I've acquired at Thinky Big Words since last night (see timetable).




Shows Performed: 0 (0)
Bums on seats at Mirthquake: 0 (0)
Money in the Mirthquake bucket: £0 (£0)
Steps walked according to my poundshop pedometer: 5,800ish before it reset itself sometime after 8pm (5,800)
CDs Remaining: 100

No comments:

Post a Comment