Sunday 11 August 2019

Edblog: Aug 10th

Edinburgh was busy today. Footfall around Cabaret Voltaire suggested that all would be well when it came to numbers at the shows but I didn't predict just good they would be.

Clash of the Tight Tens played to a capacity crowd and the acts all did well whether it was stand-up from John Pendal, Megan Shandley or Ali Woods; sketch for Bad Clowns or surreal music from Hugo Hamlet. The donations bucket was just shy of three figures as the assembled departed.

A quick chat over a sandwich with Simon Caine later and I headed over to Paul Richard's "Complete History of Pop" show at The Globe Bar. This was also full and he had plenty of acts in to be his choir. My solo spot (the result of Anna busting her ankle the night before) raised the roof and I handed out the few flyers I had to hand - having given out more than expected at the end of Tight Tens.

Then it was up to Sofi's for 99FWP. With Anna absent I had needed to quickly think of a new mid-set feature to break up the songs and came armed with a fistful of cards. I won't explain further as it turns out it worked really well and will probably be part of next year's show. Having not done any street flyering I wasn't expecting the room to fill but fill it did and people had to bring in stools at the back to fit in. A warm (in both senses) show littered with minor errors due to the lack of my backup dancer, we had a really good time. The bag for life took £115 at the end to back this up. More of the same would be great! 

Clash of the Tight Tens
Bums on seats: 40 (Total: 174)
Cash in the swing bin: £99 (Total: £359)

99 (First World) Problems
Bums on seats: 40 (Total: 171)
Cash in the bag for life: £115 (Total: £439)

No comments:

Post a Comment