Wednesday 23 September 2015

Bear Jokes

So this is the view pre-show of my room at Pub on the Park for Bear Jokes. The intimate space makes for a nice atmosphere whether it's packed or just moderately busy - as was the case last night.

With my mum, brother, sister-in-law and 3 month old nephew in attendance it was a bit of a family affair. The personal nature of the night was further compounded by having some of my most long-standing acts performing, including Andy Onions and Gatis Kandis.

The comedy certainly had some highs and lows, the latter not really a bad thing as refining new material is partly what the night's about so long as you throw some gold in along the way. Steve Hili did a great headline set whilst Rosie Holt went down so well I gave her an extra 2 minutes to make up for her short set at The Gunners the previous night.

As for me, I did a couple of tracks to open the show and got people clapping in the right places to Selfie Stick. 

The curse of the previous night appears to have lifted, Bear Jokes is back entertaining actual people!

No comments:

Post a Comment