Monday 27 March 2017

Famous First Words at The Gunners, 27.3.17

It's been at least six months since I last performed at Famous First Words. When I enter the vibe is the same though. Eager comics, a couple of real audience at the bar. Some locals hiding in the back.

Mirthquake co-performer, Nick Purves, was on duty this evening and handled the minimal crowd with some shiny new material and his usual polite approach. 

Sheraz Yousaf was in the headline position like he always was when I was part of the promotion and it was good to hear some really funny observations from his now very slick Pursuit of Manliness show.

The other comics did as well as can be expected from a single figure audience sat in a large room where all but two are on stage at some point. I was no exception. The intro track worked well enough, a Hungarian man complimented me on new track, "Sound of the Tinny Drums" and people generally joined in. 

A quiet night but a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment